Tuesday, July 31, 2007

Cancer Clinic Appointment

It seems like forever since last Monday's appt with Doctor Durham, but apparently the biopsy is under review by the Pathology dept at VGH, but I have been told the chances are pretty slim that it's a misdiagnosis, apparently anything that comes to VGH that was not actually done there or at UBC is automatically sent for further review.

I have an appointment with the Cancer Clinic August 13, 2007 at 7:45 am. This is a consultation with one of the doctors there and when I spoke to the receptionist there today she said they will discuss my options for treatment, if I have any. She does not know obviously. She did say that whatever Dr Durham wants he will get, and that he may even attend part of the appointment on the 13th. Apparently he is the best neck/throat surgeon. I have been told though that surgery is not an option, perhaps this appointment will give me another option than just radiation. I don't think so though. I was all pumped that just 6 weeks of radiation and then I would be done, I was not thinking of what the Radiation will do to the rest of the good parts of my neck....it's not a nice thought.

So, until then I just have to do wait. I feel OK. I won't be posting until after Aug 13th unless somthing happens with the results being reviewed.

Cheers!

Kim

No comments: