Tuesday, July 24, 2007

doctors....

I have been feeling really uneasy today about the way my appointmetn went yesterday. I don't want to get lost in the shuffle of a doctor who doesn't think I have what a pathology test shows I have. So....

I called Dr.Miller's office and spoke to the receptionist for a while as Dr Miller is teaching today. She agreed with all of my concerns and called Dr Miller and told her what i said, even the comment about Bby hospital. He is going to speak to Dr Durham directly and call me back once he has done that. She seems to think that Dr Durham wants to perhaps go over the pathology results with the head of that department, just to be sure of the findings. I personally think that they are being like this due to my age and the fact that this Dr has never seen this in someone so young. I get it, i am too young to have this, but I do so let's get on with treatment and get it out of me! OR do another biopsy and be sure. Either way, I still feel optomistic.

thanks again for all the support, it's working!

3 comments:

Anonymous said...

Kim:
This is Lee's friend from Calgary. Please stick to your guns and keep pushing the doctors. When it comes to your health and them not seeing this in one so young, stuff happens to young too. Don't let them become complacent with your future.

Mum said...

You have been the one pushing all along, so if something does not sit well with you, you have every right to persist. I am glad that you did not let this go. They do need to get on with this. Chin up, keep positive, LOVE U LOTS!!!

Kim Thomas said...

From another Kim Thomas....praying for you and hang in there.