Monday, July 23, 2007

update

So I went to the new doctor at VGH today. I left there feeling.....well, it's hard to say. The doctor looked perplexed. He kept saying, you are just not the type of person to get this sort of cancer, too young, didn't smoke or drink enough to make this happen so early in life. He wants to review my file with the panel at the Cancer clinic and speak to Dr Miller to go over everything and make sure they are all in agreement before we proceed with any treatment. I saw for the first time what it actually looks like in my throat.....not bad actually. My vocal cords all look good and all the white spots that we saw (he again thought it looked more like an infection than Cancer) he said looked superficial and that if it is in fact Cancer that they have not penetrated deep into the tissue. Cure? Radiation. Six weeks of daily radiation. I am so Ok with this as i really have been stressed out about losing my voice box or worse. So I am going to be put in contact with the Cancer clininc and hopefully get in there next week to look at starting treatment. In the meantime the doctors can get together and figure out what they think......I don't want to give myself any false hope of a misdiagnosis, I just want to get this overwith and stop coughing. I think that's pretty good news, but keep praying just in case.

Kim

3 comments:

Anonymous said...

Good news Kim! I am keeping my fingers crossed! Radiation will be challenging so keep your chin up.

Anna

Mum said...

We will all keep thinking positive thoughts, and know that you will come through this like the trooper you have always been. Love you lots!!

Anonymous said...

More positive thoughts, prayers, crossed fingers and toes from us too!

Love Kelly & Rob