Friday, July 13, 2007

Thursday June 28, 2007

This is the start of a blog that i hope ends well.

I have had this nagging cough for quite some time now, due to my past smoking habit no doubt. I have been going several times to doctors for chest x-rays and such...all OK. Doctors have thought it might be a nasal drip, or acid reflux and i have taken medicaiton for all of it with no change.

On Thursday June 28th i went for what is called a Microlaryngoscopy with a biopsy. I was to rest my voice for about two weeks after that so it could heal. Yesterday was two weeks.

One Tuesday July10th, I was told that the biopsy came back positive for what is called Hypopharyneged Carcinoma. Cancer.

I have been back to see Dr Miller who did the Microlaryngoscopy and he has given me some good news. The Cancer is at stage zero, so they have caught it very early. I went today for a CT Scan of my neck and I will be seeing a new Dr on Monday July 23rd at VGH to discuss the results of the CT scan and see where we go from here. Dr J. Scott Durham is suppose to be a very good surgeon and will be taking care of me through this whole thing i beleive.

I have been told the options are surgery on the neck, radiation and/or chemo. I do not know what to expect now, but i am trying to be as positive as i can.

I wanted to create this blog so the people around me can keep updated on my progress and know what is going on as it is a very sensitive area to have Cancer in, and at times i most likely will not be able to talk.

i will accept all prayers.

8 comments:

Lee said...

Prayer #1 comes from your big sis, brother in law and nephews.

Good choice, then I don't have to talk to you everyday :(

Becky said...

Dear Kim,
At this moment I'm lost for words......

When I read your blog last evening, it took me back in time for a moment, then I snapped out of it and realized, this is about YOU!

I have been Praying & thinking about you lots in the past 12 hours! (& will continue to)

Your strength & courage will help you through this! BELIEVE! My advise to you; Believe in everything you're doing, trust it will work, and have faith in God!

I will send you some info. on (meditation stuff,sites, books, etc...) that may help. Pick and choose what works for you, what you Believe in! The mind is a very powerful healer.

lov & Pray for you lots!

Carmen said...

Kimmy,

You are the sister I never had and I will help you through this the best that I can.

You are always in my prayers!

Love you!!!

Mum said...

You have been in my prayers from the moment you were born. You also have prayers coming from many people. Auntie Glo sends her from Nanaimo. Positive thoughts, chin up as this journey is going to be short and have a happy ending!! Love you lots......Mum

Anonymous said...

Hello Kim:

We were very sorry to hear your news. Since we are currently going through a similar situation, we can empathize with all the things that must be going through your mind. The good part is that you've caught it so early, through your own persistence.

We believe that positive attitude is the most important thing to hold on to and will give you strength to help you along this difficult journey.

Remember, it is a journey ... with bumps and tough turns along the way ... but it will result in a happy, healthy future for you.

We're thinking about you a lot and wish you well.

Best wishes and love,
Ed and Diane

Anonymous said...

Kim
i'm here for you. You are the closest person that i grew up with that I could call a sister, my prayers and positive energies are with you.

Anonymous said...

Kim,

Wow - this whole thing came to me as a big shock as I am sure it did to you!!

Good for you for making the medical system look into it further and finding it as early as you did.

My prayers are with you and if there is anything that I can do for you, please let me know!

Continue to smile despite this hurdle, and keep positive!

Sandra

Anonymous said...

Hey Kimmy,

You can still golf with us right? Don't worry, i can yell 'FORE!'.

My thoughts and prayers are with you.

Keep smiling :)

Rob