Tuesday, September 11, 2007

The first treatment

I went at 3pm on Monday. My mom met me there an was great support. We got there a little early and I picked up the moulds for me teeth so i could start the floride treatment yesterday too.

I had a lot of questions for the lady who welcomed me and she answered them and I am happy to be starting.

OK, so back into the mask i go, three people marking, taping and moving me up and down on the bed to get the angle just right. Then out the door they go, (who wants to be in the room with radiation flying all over the place)
2 minutes later, all done!
Now, they say you cannot feel anything, and they are probably right. You really have to go to a happy place and not let your mind wander, or seriously, you can feel the lazer beams going through your neck....but you can't really can you?

I am putting lots of glaxal base cream on my neck and chest to try to keep the redness and dryness away as long as I can. To be honest, I already feel a little different in the area, hopefully this is a good thing. I went today again at 8:20 and i was out by 8:30, they were right on time today, yayyyy!! I still feel good, the accumulitive effects of the Radiation will make me very tired and sore, but for this week so far I feel OK.

that's it, 31 more to go!

Kim

4 comments:

Mum said...

I better start filling those containers with soup, we need to keep you nourished!! Glad to hear you are o.k. today. Lots of Love!!xoxo

Anonymous said...

Good job, Kim. Eats lots of your mom's soup.... yummmm. This will be over in no time..

We're proud to be a part of your cheering squad..

Bev and Barrie

Anonymous said...

I've been thinking about you all day and glad to hear once again you are being positive!!!

Gavin is looking foward to spending time with you this weekend if you are still up for it. It's all he can talk about :)

OK...31 to go....I have them marked on my calendar at home!

Anonymous said...

You write very well.