Monday, September 17, 2007

week two...

Today was a different day. I saw the oncologyst, Dr Sheehan and the nutritionist.

The biopsy that was taken two weeks ago was not yet cancerous, but they have included it in the treatment plan to make sure it never does. Dr Sheehan still believes it is some type of infection rather than smoking and alcholol related (ye haw!) his thinking is somthing I actually do not wish to share with this blog, but he says that they are still not sure how this type of infection is caused and 5 years ago they knew even less. He has given me a few suggestions to make sure that these spots do not reoccur. He said he actually feels more optomistic about the long term outcome of my treatment than he did before. He answered the few questions I had and then off to my 6th treatment.

The nutritionist gave me some information, but all in all she would be a more beneficial person to visit when i no longer feel like eating. her suggestions mostly contain soy or milk products and really those don't go down so well on the best of days. I find milk really coats my throat and does not feel so good

I got my signed insurance forms back today, so in the mail they go, it'll be interesting to see how long they take to pay me anything.

Cheers! my chin is still up.

1 comment:

Mum said...

The fact that your Dr. is optomistic is cause for celebration. Glad to hear that your chin is up, lets try and keep it that way. Love you lots, call you when "Soups On"!