Tuesday, August 21, 2007

The mask is made!

That was the most freaky thing I have ever had done I think. I got to the clinic at around 9 this morning to have a mesh mask made of my face and shoulders. I have pictures but I can't download the damn things! Stupid camera.
It was wet and warm and it stuck to my hair, for you ladies who have had a facial beofre it felt like when the mask tightens. That's what I kept telling myself, it's just a facial mask.....
The guy who did this went over all the side effects and things I should be doing to prepare for treatment.

The I had to wait for my CT Scan. The three ladies who helped me back into the mask, now fully dry were very kind. I had to try getting it back on a couple of times because it's VERY tight and they bolt it to the table and you can't move. Very unnerving. Again, I had them take a few photos and if my camera decides to work I will post them.
I had the scan and they put a tiny tattoo on my chest so on my first appointment they know where to start. I was OK with this as I have always wanted a tattoo even though I had a little something else in mind. Nobody will even know it's there it's that small.

I will start my treatments the week of Sept 10th and I will get 33 of them daily during the week. I have asked for morning (7:30-10:30) as they will give you a 3 hour window to chose from. I can change this at any time if I feel it's too early and I can't wake up.

That's it for now....

Kim

1 comment:

Mum said...

Yikes that looks like quite the ordeal!! I bet you were afraid, I think anyone would be. It looks like the mask for the "Phantom". You will have to frame it when all this is over! Love you lots!!!