Friday, August 31, 2007

These titles are getting harder

I am home from the Broncoscopy. Of course, the first needle didnt work so my arm will be nice a bruised tomorrow.

There is good news....it has not spread, but they did do a biopsy as they saw a few more spots. Dr Sheehan and Dr Lam were there and after it was all done they both came to see me.

First off, Dr Sheehan firmly believes that this Cancer was not caused by my recless teenage days of drinking and smoking. He feels it was an infection. He really could not elaborate,but thinks the biobsy they just took was from a wart type thing. That makes me happy in a way to think I didn't totally bring this on myself.

Dr Lam said my bronchial area is inflamed and beleives the reason for my cough. I am now on an inhaler for 4 months and he feels that should take care of this as the two items in my mind are not related.

I feel like we are making progress and I should have some concrete answers once the tests come back. This will not be changing my treatment schedule.

I am tired and going to go back to bed.

Kim

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Hi Kim,

I just wanted you to know that I have been thinking about you a lot. I am glad to hear of the good news re: the teenage years.

Rest lots! Thanks for the regular updates, I check it all the time.

Hugs
Shannon